Frequently asked Questions
Please complete the form on this page or fill out our Request Service Form on the Contact Us page and we will be in touch within 24 hours. You may also e-mail us at the address below or call our office 24/7.
Phone: 703-957-0044 (VA), 202-427-6979 (DC), 301-379-5890 (MD)
During the meet and greet, our pet sitters will be focused on getting to know your pets and their visit needs. Please walk the sitter through the basics, outlining where you keep all your pet supplies, food, leashes, litter, and other necessary items. Also point out any relevant areas within your home that they will need to be working in. When you register online, you will provide visit instructions, but it would also be a good idea to tell them what you expect for the visit routine.
We kindly ask that all clients direct any billing questions, upcoming scheduling needs and any client policy questions to our office as our pet sitters do not handle these issues. The pet sitter’s primary focus is on your pets and ensuring both your pets and your home are safe and well-cared for. If for any reason your primary pet sitter cannot make the visit, one of our backup walkers will cover your visits. Please make sure to review our Backup Sitter Policy in our client policies.
Waggy Walkys Lockbox Policy
At Waggy Walky’s we highly recommend clients* to utilize a key storage lockbox to access your home. Lockboxes offer the most convenient and secure way to provide quality services to our clients.
*Please note: Clients that already have key-less entry systems in place or live in apartment buildings where concierges can assist the pet sitter in entering your home will not require a lockbox.
The advantages of a Lockbox:
- Keys remain safely at your home, and not in the hands of your pet sitter. A secure lock box provides you with peace of mind.
- In the event of an emergency or last minute dog walking request, our pet care specialists will have immediate access to your home.
- Whenever you move, you can take the lock box with you.
- The ability to change your lock box code whenever you need.
- Lock boxes are designed to withstand the harshest of elements and theft.
Yes, we have Insurance and Bonding for all of our staff. What this means is we have a general liability insurance coverage that covers your home, your property, your pets, our staff, staff vehicles, staff homes and anyone coming into contact with your pets. This coverage is up to a million dollars per occurrence! We also have Theft Bonding protection for your property at $10,000 coverage per occurrence. Copies of our insurance and bond certificates are available online, just click the links below to view them.
Once you’ve registered on our site, you can easily set up and keep track of your schedule. Your first appointment must be done through our office, with subsequent appointments set by easily calling or emailing us using this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, you may book online 24/7 for non-recurring services. However, we still prefer the email method the best!
All of our detailed billing policies are given to you when you register. Every client must have a credit card on file. We bill once a month for weekly recurring services and at the time of booking for occasional and on-call services. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover, which we manually run from our office.
Our third party website (HTTPS) software servers are collocated at Peak 10 carrier-class collocation facilities with fault-tolerant, fully redundant connectivity. All of your communications with Power Pet Sitter are encrypted and all credit card information is further encrypted when it is saved to the database.
All new staff must consent to a nationwide criminal background check. In addition, we check professional references and thoroughly interview our staff for professionalism, positive attitude, genuine interest and knowledge of dogs and cats and over all pet handling abilities. We hire only professional and respectful adults with professional track records that would best represent our team. We require our staff to have reliable transportation, reliable cell phone, daily internet and e-mail access, have a thorough understanding of our company policies and our staff are insured and bonded when on duty. We train our staff and go over safe pet handling, dog harness installation, safe pet transportation, pet boarding safety and dog walking safety policies. All of our staff have a basic first aid knowledge. It is our policy to follow all applicable state leash laws and to pick up and dispose of all pet waste on every walk.
*** ALL STAFF MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR LEASH SAFETY LANYARDS AT ALL TIMES DURING WALKS. WE ARE THE SAFEST DOG WALKING COMPANY OUT THERE. SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRORITY!!! ***
Will my pet always have the same sitter or walker?
We always strive to send the same person you met at the meet and greet, but certain situations may require a backup staff member to perform the visits. Sick days, vacation time, unforeseen delays, resignations and similar instances will prompt the office to send either a backup staff member or a new primary staff member. In the event a staff member resigns, we will try to set up another meet and greet for your new primary staff member, but you may have a temporary backup before we can schedule it.
BACKUP SITTER POLICY: (Not for boarding services)
In the event that a pet sitter, house sitter or dog walker is not available for upcoming services requested, a backup sitter will be scheduled in place of the primary sitter. This could be for just a single visit or many visits, depending on the primary pet sitter’s availability throughout the year. Management will be in charge of making sure that the backup Pet Sitter gets any applicable entry keys, fobs, instructions for the visits, etc. We require all backup Pet Sitters to return the keys, etc to a manager (or other pick up location) upon completion of any pet jobs they are substituting for. If we have advanced notice from your primary pet sitter for any dates unavailable we will have the back up pet sitter contact you to discuss your pet’s needs. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS BUSINESS AND THE HEAVY LOGISTICS INVOLVED, WE MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ABLE TO NOTIFY CLIENT OF BACK UP SITTER COVERING A VISIT (S) AND MEET & GREETS ARE NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR BACK UP SITTERS. YOU MUST CALL OUR OFFICE AND SPEAK TO A MANAGER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THIS OR WE ASSUME YOU AGREE AND ACCEPT THIS POLICY! At the same token, all of our back up staff are screened, trained, insured and bonded and will be given (by management) a printed client profile with your visit instructions, client contact details, pet info ,emergency contacts, vet info etc, when substituting for your primary sitter.
1) If you are in the process of having your dog(s) boarded and an agent becomes no longer available to board your dog(s) (e.g., family emergency, unforseen events, etc.) we will set you up with the next closest agent. We have multiple boarding agents in the areas that we serve. In the unlikely event we have no vacancies in your area we will refund your money for services that we could not complete and we will have your dog boarded with one of your designated emergency pet sitters you have on file or a local dog boarding/kennel. If we have your dog boarded at a local dog boarding/kennel you will be responsible for all associated fees and we will use your credit card on file along with the Emergency Kennel Authorization Form that you have filled out and signed when you registered your pets!
2) If you have booked an upcoming date for boarding and your agent becomes no longer available we will set you up with the next available agent in your area. We have multiple boarding agents in the areas that we serve. In the event that we have no vacancies we will reimburse your payment in full and assist you in finding another local pet sitting service or boarding facility that can care for your pets during the dates you have requested.
All staff are required to use MANDATORY safety lanyards (500 lb test) on all walks. This attaches the leash handle(s) to the staff\’s waist via a secure and field tested method. We train our staff on how to install and use these devices on the walk. If a staff falls due to ice or slippery outdoor surface, or loses control of the leash handle for any reason, the leash(s) will be attached to the lanyard. We also have strict protocols for safety in our handbook regarding safety methods for walking dogs. These have been developed over thirteen years of experience walking dogs in all conditions.
Yes we do! We offer written reports as a complimentary service for all of our clients. If you are out of town we can supplement this with a daily text or phone call for peace of mind.
In the event of an after-hours emergency, please call 1-877-281-5224 (emergency line) or call main number(s) and say it is an “emergency”.
- Calling the emergency line should only be used in critical situations. This line dispatches to managers during their off-hours.
- Note scheduling adjustments are generally NOT emergencies.
- If the situation is life or death please contact your local vet or 911.
In addition, you may call any of our phone lines and specifically tell the operator, “This is an emergency.” The operator will then text and call all managers’ cell phones for rapid assistance and guidance from management.
All other non-emergency messages, even if noted as urgent or requiring a callback ASAP, will be forwarded to our general email and responded to the next business day.
We check these emails:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday
11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays
You can schedule an optional meeting with your pet boarder at their home for a pre-departure interview before services begin. Or you can simply meet them when they pick up your dog or you drop off your dog at their home. Management will discuss options and help you coordinate with your boarder. For boarding clients, please fill out our Boarding Authorization Form.
*Note: We require payments AT THE TIME YOU BOOK dog boarding.
If we are providing additional services beyond boarding or pet taxi, your boarder or a different pet sitter will need to conduct a meet and greet at your home.
We accept Visa, Mastercard or Discover and have secure, manual or automated (with recurring option), paperless billing. All paid invoices are sent to your e-mail. We are a green company!
Our normal business hours are 8AM-8PM Monday through Friday but on weekends they are 11AM-7PM Saturdays and Sundays. The only way our management will receive your message (outside of these hours) is if you call in and tell the after hours phone answering service attendant that it is an “emergency”. They will text and call all of the managers’ cell phones with the emergency message. Otherwise your message or any e-mails will be seen between during our business hours above. You can also directly call your pet sitter’s phone, but the office also needs to be informed directly by you of any scheduling requests, cancellations or changes to your account profile information.
Benefits of Using a Professional Pet Sitting Company
Using a professional pet sitter reaps benefits for both pets and pet parents. Many people wonder what the term “Pet Sitter” actually means. Pet sitter is just a synonym for someone who is employed to care for another’s pets. Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you’ll never worry about being away from your pet again.
For the Pets:
Benefits to your pets include:
- Following his/her regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- General Liability Insurance coverage for all pets under our care
- Back up staff and a “No Pet Left Behind” culture within our company
- Maintaining a vet authorization form on file which facilitates rapid medical treatment during a pet illness or emergency, when required
- Having a professional pet care specialist and management team responsible for all pets in case of an emergency
- In-house developed Safety Lanyards in use for every dog walk that prevents a dog from ever escaping a leash hold/grip
- Many years of empirically based experience from which we base our safety policies and customer service protocols around
- A professional pet sitter is an extra set of eyes and ears to help ensure good pet health
For the Pet Parent:
Benefits to you include:
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands by a pre-screened, trained and vetted individual
- We pride ourselves in always being there for our clients and we have a well built back up system
- All of our pet sitters are experienced, trained, fully insured and bonded, and must pass a 50 state background check
- Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your pet at a caged facility that is constantly loud, stressful and often times unsanitary
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- We offer auto billing for our customers
- Double redundancy measures in place to make sure your pet visits never get missed
- Online scheduler to keep track of your visits and upcoming schedules
- E-mailed schedule confirmations and status updates to clients and staff
- A Management team who work 7 days a week to make sure our customers are well cared for
Not all pet sitters are created equal, nor are they all professional. In hiring a pet sitter, it is important to make sure you have chosen the right person to care for your beloved animal. We do not recommend hiring (unvetted and uninsured) freelancers, new businesses that have only been around a few years or “the kid down the street”. We say this because usually their level of standards and expertise will not hold to the same level of professionalism, safety polices and customer service you will experience with us. Not only are we fully Insured and Bonded but we are members of NAPPS (National Association of Professional Pet Sitters) , PSI (Pet Sitters International) and offer competitive rates. Contact us today!
Daily Dog Walks and Dog Park Play Groups
If the Federal Government closes (snow, state of emergency, etc.) all visits will remained scheduled unless you call or email our office to cancel. Cancellation must be direct to our office and cut off time is 11 AM the day of the walks for this (to not be charged).
Waggy Walkys, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel daily dog walks or park play groups due to weather, state of emergency, natural disaster, etc. You will be notified of any cancellations via e-mail.
Pet Sitting & House Sitting only
We ask that you provide us with the telephone numbers of relatives and/or neighbors that have keys to your residence that can help out during times when inclement weather or any emergency that prevents us from being able to drive to your residence. Your pet’s safety and well-being is our number one priority.
Weekly Recurring Dog walks & Park Play Groups
We need a cancellation notice to our office (by 7 P.M.) the day before the next scheduled visit or you will be charged a $10 late cancellation fee.
Pet Boarding, House Sitting and Pet Sitting
It is not unusual for trip plans to change at the last minute. However, please understand that Waggy Walkys, LLC carefully schedules our time to service you and our other clients. Once your reservation is booked, your Pet Sitter will have to turn away other client’s reservation requests, thus, once services have started, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR EARLY RETURNS OR LAST MINUTE CHANGES TO SERVICES THAT HAVE ALREADY STARTED such as pet sitting, pet boarding or house sitting services. If services haven’t started yet (at least 24 hours before), we can issue a issue a credit to your pet’s account, to use for future services.
Pet Services FAQs by Waggy Walkys LLC.