Pet Services FAQS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Waggy Walkys Lockbox Policy
At Waggy Walky’s we highly recommend clients* to utilize a key storage lockbox to access your home. Lockboxes offer the most convenient and secure way to provide quality services to our clients.
*Please note: Clients that already have key-less entry systems in place or live in apartment buildings where concierges can assist the pet sitter in entering your home will not require a lockbox.
The advantages of a Lockbox:
- Keys remain safely at your home, and not in the hands of your pet sitter. A secure lock box provides you with peace of mind.
- In the event of an emergency or last minute dog walking request, our pet care specialists will have immediate access to your home.
- Whenever you move, you can take the lock box with you.
- The ability to change your lock box code whenever you need.
- Lock boxes are designed to withstand the harshest of elements and theft.
- Calling the emergency line should only be used in critical situations. This line dispatches to managers during their off-hours.
- Note scheduling adjustments are generally NOT emergencies.
- If the situation is life or death please contact your local vet or 911.
Benefits of Using a Professional Pet Sitting CompanyUsing a professional pet sitter reaps benefits for both pets and pet parents. Many people wonder what the term “Pet Sitter” actually means. Pet sitter is just a synonym for someone who is employed to care for another’s pets. Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you’ll never worry about being away from your pet again. For the Pets: Benefits to your pets include:
- Following his/her regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- General Liability Insurance coverage for all pets under our care
- Back up staff and a “No Pet Left Behind” culture within our company
- Maintaining a vet authorization form on file which facilitates rapid medical treatment during a pet illness or emergency, when required
- Having a professional pet care specialist and management team responsible for all pets in case of an emergency
- In-house developed Safety Lanyards in use for every dog walk that prevents a dog from ever escaping a leash hold/grip
- Many years of empirically based experience from which we base our safety policies and customer service protocols around
- A professional pet sitter is an extra set of eyes and ears to help ensure good pet health
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands by a pre-screened, trained and vetted individual
- We pride ourselves in always being there for our clients and we have a well built back up system
- All of our pet sitters are experienced, trained, fully insured and bonded, and must pass a 50 state background check
- Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your pet at a caged facility that is constantly loud, stressful and often times unsanitary
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- We offer auto billing for our customers
- Double redundancy measures in place to make sure your pet visits never get missed
- Online scheduler to keep track of your visits and upcoming schedules
- E-mailed schedule confirmations and status updates to clients and staff
- A Management team who work 7 days a week to make sure our customers are well cared for